I had much more luck when it came to finding a mesh jacket, and found a winner right out of the gates with the Bilt Calypso 2 Women’s Mesh Jacket (available on Revzilla). I have a 36″ chest, and my normal jacket sizing is usually a medium or large (large if it’s a jacket I intend to wear layers under), but was able to get the Calypso 2 in a size small. Based on my regular sizing, I’d say this jacket runs a little large, but overall fits as expected for US sizing. This jacket fit both myself, and my smaller 5’4” tall sister, with ease.
- Attractive looking, with a nice, flattering shape (due in part to the great, side straps for adjusting tightness around the middle).
- Size is fairly customizable, with details that allow for tightening, or loosening.
- Great airflow, and performs exactly as it should.
- Armor is not uncomfortable, and easy to maneuver in.
- The mesh material is very lightweight, so you definitely feel a sting when a bug or debris hits you.